BIKE PALO ALTO’S FREQUENT RIDER CARD
Back this year, Bike Palo Alto is piloting the Frequent Rider Card to provide an incentive for residents who participate in Bike Palo Alto! to continue riding their bikes (instead of driving) to local stores and entertainment destinations after the event. This year when you turn in a competed card you will get a bike bell with the Bike Palo Alto logo and you will be entered in to a grand prize drawing for a Taste of Palo Alto!
How It Works:
- During the event, get your Frequent Rider Card (FRC) signed at each treat stop to get your treat.
- After the ride, each time a cyclist rides to a business and makes a purchase, get the sales clerk to enter the date, store and location on a space on the card . One location per day at any business you like.
- After the 10th ride and purchase, the cyclist can redeem the card with Bike Palo Alto for a Bike Palo Alto bike bell. Since we are working on the honor system, the FRC will have to be redeemed in person. Please contact bikepaloalto at gmail dot com for details.
- Cards will be given to all participants in Bike Palo Alto! on Oct. 1, 2017, over the age of 8, only one card per person. Cards expire on Dec. 31, 2017.
- Every redeemed FRC card will get a free Bike Palo Alto bike bell and will be entered in the grand prize drawing.
- Grand prize drawing. All completed cards turned in by Dec. 31, 2017 will be entered in to a grand prize drawing for a Taste of Palo Alto; five gift certificates for your favorite biking foods!
- For extra fun and bragging rights, post a selfie of you at an interesting store or business on our Face Book page BF Bike Palo Alto #bikepaloalto
Now that you know the fun ways to get around Palo Alto, see if you can be inspired to ride your bike for daily errands while leaving the parking and congestion hassles behind. You can get up to four spaces signed off during the Bike Palo Alto event so we have given you a good start – now get started on your biking adventures!
A Taste of Palo Alto!
This year we are featuring five fun bike friendly foods to get a “Taste of Palo Alto”:
- First up is $10 at Printers Cafe. This should get your day started of on the right foot er, pedal!
- Next up is a deli sandwich from the Driftwood Deli that makes some of the best deli sandwiches in town!
- Then we have, in case you are still hungry, a burrito from Como Esta Taqueria. This should keep you fueled up!
- After that we have two slices of pizza from Pizza My Heart. One for you and one for a friend!
- To top this off you will get a double scoop from Rick’s Ice Cream on us!
So there it is, a Taste of Palo Alto, which is also a tour of Palo Alto and we hope you will not do this all at once! One grand prize winner for the lucky person that gets their Frequent Rider Card drawn at random at the end of the year.
Note: bike bells available while supplies last.